Old Bridge First Aid & Rescue Squad
200 Marlboro Road, Old Bridge, NJ 08857
NEW JERSEY STATE BLUE/RED LIGHT LAW
Under NEW JERSEY STATE LAW, drivers of non-emergency vehicles
shall yield the right of way to the vehicle of any member of a volunteer
fire company or a volunteer first aid squad or rescue squad displaying
emergency warning lights as in the same manner as authorized
emergency vehicles (N.J.S.A. 39:4-92).
- You MUST pull over to the side of the road close to the right hand curb.
- Don't block any intersections.
- Don't follow emergency vehicles closer than 300 feet.
- Don't park closer than 200 feet.
- Failure to yield is punishable under New Jersey State Law as a Moving
- Points and fines are possible if convicted.
|3/25/2009 - NJ Statute 39:4-92.2
Drivers approaching stationary
emergency vehicles, tow trucks and
other highway safety vehicles displaying
red, blue and/or amber flashing lights
safe to move over, then slow down
below the posted speed limit.